Here’s some more interesting notes on The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, from www.filmmonthly.com. Jon Sebastien is maybe a little too harsh on American filmmakers of 1920 (no deeper than a puddle?), but he more distinctly draws the direct line to from Caligari to Tim Burton, specifically Edward Scissorhands.
Follow Pretty Clever Films
For the Love of Hitchcock
Proud to be a Lammy!
- RT @MysteryMavenx: Hey comrades, if you’re running around squawking about “false flags,” you are what’s known as a “useful idiot.” 👏 👏 👏 👏 1 year ago
- RT @MysteryMavenx: Can someone point me to a credible source to support these claims of widespread voter fraud? 1 year ago
- RT @MysteryMavenx: People, Stop parsing a few secs of video of the Kavanaughs for signs of domestic abuse. It’s stupid, hurtful & cruel.… 1 year ago
- RT @MysteryMavenx: Wanna feel better about shit. Sister Rosetta Tharpe, the baddest of bad asses. twitter.com/dusttodigital/… 1 year ago
- RT @MysteryMavenx: Women demanding to be heard does not equal a war on men. If you think it does, you’re tacitly admitting that the one pow… 1 year ago
TaggedAcademy Award Academy Award for Best Picture alfred hitchcock analysis animation a trip to the moon bringing up baby buster keaton cabinet of dr caligari charlie chaplin comique film corporation D.W. Griffith david lynch Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde F.W. Murnau fatty arbuckle film criticism film friday round up film noir Frankenstein fritz lang George Melies Georges Méliès german experssionism hal roach harold lloyd Hitchcock horror Hugo Humphrey Bogart joan crawford john barrymore john ford Kevin Brownlow lillian gish Lon Chaney Lon Chaney Sr. Lotte Reiniger louise brooks marion davies Martin Scorsese mary pickford Metropolis Netflix new york times review online movie online movies orson welles Our Dancing Daughters readings Revue Cinema Robert Osbourne sergei eisenstein silent comedy silent film silent movie silent movies slapstick stan laurel suspense Sydney Greenstreet TCM The Artist the cabinet of dr caligari the marx brothers thomas edison TIFF TIFF 2011 Toronto Toronto International Film Festival toronto silent film festival Turner Classic Movie Turner Classic Movies Val Lewton youtube
Top Posts & Pages
- Bette Davis is a Bad Ass
- Excerpt from James Agee's "Comedy's Greatest Era"
- Buster Keaton in a Kiddie Pool
- Keaton or Chaplin? Chaplin or Keaton?
- To Kael or Not to Kael?
- Show Don't Tell: The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
- Pretty Clever Film's Top 10 Silent Horror Movies
- Vilma Banky, The Hungarian Rhapsody
- Tarzan of the Apes (1918)