Film Friday | Weekly Roundup
It’s Memorial Day Weekend people! That means burgers, beers, and a classic war movies marathon on TCM. Here’s a few other things to read, see, and think about as you laze around in the sun.
- Having very fond memories of the Muppets, I’m getting more amped about the Muppet movies as teasers trickle out. Check out The Hang Over parody on Film Junk.
- I found The Shelia Variations while reading about Bringing Up Baby, but I stayed for the great writing.
- Now that the long weekend is here, you have plenty of time to kick back and listen to the Truffat-Hitchcock Interviews.
- If you’re within subway distance, be sure to get out to the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria for the screening series “Making Movies in New York: 1911”
- The Kitty Packard Pictorial reminds us that Sidney Sheldon was a screenwriter once upon a time.
- To honor both hot service men and their Hollywood iterations, The Lady Eve’s Reel Life is giving away an Errol Flynn box set.
Posted on May 27, 2011, in Miscellany, Readings and tagged errol flynn, film friday round up, Hitchcock, museum of the moving image, sidney sheldon, the muppets, Truffaut. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.