Film Friday | Weekly Roundup
- I would my eye tooth to see the dog dressed as Charlie Chaplin that this article mentions. Alas, I have to imagine.
- On the occasion of the Blu-ray and dvd reissue of Birth of a Nation, Dave Kehr takes a second look.
- Someday I’ll find the time to review The Artist (I swear!). Fortunately Flick Chick at A Person in the Dark already did.
- Film School Rejects reviews the best Criterion releases of 2011.
- You know I love a crazy hat. Film Noir Photos gives us Josephine Baker in a truly impressive one.
- The Academy of Mythical Monkeys presents Silent Oscars Winners of 1918.
- I had almost forgotten about the awesome The Spiral Staircase, but thanks to Classic Film Freak I remember.
- In the midst of your holiday frenzy, you might have missed The Humphrey Bogart Blogathon. Fortunately, the internet is forever!
- I wish, wish, wish every person in the world could see the short film “Trotteur.” Hell, I wish I could see it again. Oh wait, I can. It’s coming up at TIFF Bell Lightbox again! If you’re not in Toronto though… well, you can see this teaser trailer. It’s a stunner!
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – December 23, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – December 16, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – December 09, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – December 02, 2011
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – November 25, 2011
Posted on December 30, 2011, in Miscellany and tagged charlie chaplin, criterion, Dave Kehr, Film School Rejects, Humphrey Bogart, Josephine Baker, silent oscars, Spiral Staircase, Trotteur. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.