Film Friday | Weekly Roundup
Whoa, yet another week down. Tick tick tick. The confusing Toronto weather (Hello there Spring!) doesn’t help matters at all. Did I just not leave the house for four months? No, no – it’s just global warming. And still I dream of a 7 foot snow which apparently isn’t going to fall. Oh well. Despite the sunny skies and the balmy temperatures, I remain shackled to my laptop, with digital inkstained fingers, scouring the interwebs for the best silent & classic movie bits and bobs. Why? So you don’t have to. Happy reading and happy viewing!
- The Movie Morlocks investigate the power of the mask in cinema.
- Check out this terrific post from Frankesteinia, Edison’s Frankenstein: A Physicalogical Phantasy. http://frankensteinia.blogspot.com/2012/02/edisons-frankenstein-physicalogical.html
- Film Forager reviews Buster Keaton’s Sherlock, Jr.
- This week’s distant relatives on the Film Experience is The Artist & Sunset Boulevard . Awesome.
- Not surprisingly, Hugo cleaned up at the Visual Effects Society awards. I still got see that Rango flick.
- What’s that? Not time to read the Muybride post? For shame. But here’s the results!
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – February 3, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – January 27, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – January 20, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – January 13 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – January 06, 2012
Posted on February 10, 2012, in Miscellany and tagged buster keaton, cyanotype, Frankenstein, Hugo, Jr., movie morlocks, Muybridge, Rango, Sherlock, Sunset Boulevard, TCM, The Artist, Thomas Edision, Visual Effects Society. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.