Film Friday | Weekly Roundup
Now here we are, almost at the big moment. The Oscars air this Sunday and the question on every silent film fans lips is “Will it or won’t it?” This year is such a silent film bonanza, we have the silent related Hugo as a back up to the actually silent The Artist. Just a gentle reminder, if The Artist takes the prize on Sunday, it will only be the second time that a silent film has scored a Best Picture award. The first silent film to do so was also the first Best Picture winner, Wings. So, will it or won’t it? We’ll see. Now for the Film Friday Weekly Roundup – the all news edition! Happy reading and happy viewing!
- Oscars fall in love with silent films and Scorsese talks 3D production.
- Nice silent love piece from the Daily Mail, complete with awesome photos.
- I tweeted this one earlier, but this homage to Louise Brooks’ back from The New Yorker bears repeating.
- Ever wondered what the world thought about Chaplin in 1974? A Look & Learn article from June 22, 1974.
- Ok, when an article is titled “The Nostalgic Oscar’s Party like it’s the 1920s” you know I’m going to link to it.
- And just to be a little cynical, Smart Money tells us the 10 things the Oscars won’t say out loud.
- Have a look at the first Best Picture winner and only silent winner in this trailer for Wings:
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – February 17, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – February 10, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – February 3, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – January 27, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – January 20, 2012