Film Friday | Weekly Roundup
Let’s see, this week I hung out with animators, tried to burnish the image of death-by-suicide Joseph McDermott, whoever he may be, and I told the world how terrible John Carter is. Perhaps I should change my name to Pretty Busy Gal. Now, I know what you’re thinking – “With so much on your plate, how could you possibly find the time to scour the interwebs so I don’t have to?!?” (Insert scenes of Japanese people screaming as the giant fire-hose of information known as the internet, represented here by a large lizard, rampages through the streets.) Never fear, Constant Reader, I will always find time to the surf the web. It’s kinda what I do. Happy reading and happy viewing!
- Only the Cinema considers two personal favorites of mine, Josef von Sternberg’s Docks of New York and F.W. Murnau’s The Last Laugh
- For a little Friday diversion, Film Junk compiled the Top 50 List of the The Most Hated Films Ever Made
- Silent Volume reviews Raoul Walsh’s Regeneration from 1915
- Film School Rejects report back from the frontlines of The Princess Bride‘s commentary track
- Jean Dujardin’s cigarettes on Funny or Die. Seriously, can this guy get more charming and lovable?
- This Egyptian review of Hugo is pretty insightful
- Speaking of animation, this animated short “Divers” is pretty stunning:
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – March 02, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – February 24, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – February 17, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – February 10, 2012