Film Friday | Weekly Roundup
Pretty Clever Film Gal’s fingers were flying all week to bring you the Toronto Silent Film Festival preview this week, resulting in what may be the first ever silent film induced case of carpal tunnel syndrome. But don’t fret my pets, this did not slow me down from my self-appointed rounds of idly surfing the interwebs. Neither did the uncommonly sunny and warm March weather or the sudden reappearance of Speedo Guy in the courtyard. It continues to be a fine time to be a silent film and classic movies fan (thanks Mr. Hazanavicius!), so there’s a lot stuff to idly surf. Follow along and enjoy, and then get yourself on a disco nap schedule for the festival! Happy reading and happy viewing!
- Thomas Gladysz reminds us that Louise Brooks is Lulu.
- Speaking of Hazanavicius, The Cinementals take a hard look at Silent Films and The Artist Effect.
- It’s reliable as math. Kevin Brownlow talks, we listen.
- The Austin Chronicle remembers Mabel Normand and the anniversary of “Oh, Those Eyes!”
- The Bioscope examines the hit iPhone app Silent Film Director and the new iPhone Silent Film Festival.
- And speaking of silent film directors, check out Mr. Popular’s trailer for “Kansas, Brooklyn” and tell him you want more!
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – March 16, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – March 09, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – March 02, 2012
- Pretty Clever Films- Film Friday | Weekly Round Up – February 24, 2012
Posted on March 23, 2012, in Miscellany and tagged Joseph Cotten, Kevin Brownlow, louise brooks, Mabel Normand, mr. popular, silent film director app, The Artist, thomas gladsyz, toronto silent film festival. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.