Daily Archives: March 27, 2012
The interwebs are ablaze with eye-witness reports of the San Francisco Silent Film Festival’s presentation of Kevin Brownlow’s restorationof Abel Gance’s Napoleon. Who would have thought you could pack the house for a 5 plus hour silent epic. Well, silent films fans, that’s who! And all of the first hand accounts confirm – Napoleon is totally awesome!
Here’s a wee round up of what’s being said:
- Thomas Gladysz summarizes what the Twitterverse has to say about Napoleon
- The L.A. Times deems Napoleon a triumphant return
- Silverscreen Chimera reports from the front lines of Napoleon
- Old Films Flicker interviews Napoleon score composer Carl Davis
- Don’t miss Criterion’s gorgeous Napoleon slideshow